top of page
Tue, Feb 21|
Rocky Mountain HIDTA
LSAT Investigative Statement Analysis
LSAT is a highly dependable, systematic investigative technique that examines multiple elements of language to determine if the story is the product of memory (truth) or fabrication (deception). ****Lodging and Per Diem Available per RMHIDTA Policy****
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
Feb 21, 8:00 AM MST – Feb 23, 5:00 PM MST
Rocky Mountain HIDTA, 10200 E Girard Ave, C-444. Denver, CO 80231, USA
LSAT Basic Course Objectives
- Understand concepts of truthfulness and deception. Examination of deceptive thought processes
- Understand what valid statements are and how to collect them. The source and influences on a subject’s memory and how they are manifested in written language.
- Understand what are and be able to identify “Linguistic Signals”. Linguistic signals are the essence of statement analysis. Students learn why they indicate deception, truthfulness, and tell us far more than is written
- Follow the detailed, systematic process of examining the components of statements to gain the most information possible to help you gain confessions
- Develop a basic ability to interpret the results of an analysis. Integrating the information given by linguistic signals to complete a complete, vivid image of the reality behind the story.
- Understand and utilize Validity Assessments, the indicators of deception that allow for the accurate and dependable overall assessment of the statement’s veracity.
- Develop alternative an interview strategy. Develop Interview strategies that will allow the interviewer to take full advantage of the information learned in the statement analysis, compelling suspects to confess
- Practical application of skills and knowledge by completing eight practice statements. Analysis of a wide variety of real-case statements to practice applying the newly learned discipline.
bottom of page