Mon, Mar 27|
Sandy Police Department
MCTC Drug Unit Supervisor Course
This course is designed to emphasize the fundamental policy, leadership skills, and legal principles necessary to acquire proficiency in directing the efforts of a proactive drug enforcement unit.
Time & Location
Mar 27, 2023, 8:00 AM MDT – Mar 31, 2023, 5:00 PM MDT
Sandy Police Department, Sandy, UT 84070, USA
This course is designed to emphasize the fundamental policy, leadership skills, and legal principles necessary to acquire proficiency in directing the efforts of a proactive drug enforcement unit. This course will present fundamental and advanced supervisory concepts, strategies, and techniques in policy, leadership, and legal principles. This course provides an ethics based approach to leadership and management principles in drug law enforcement and includes leadership skills development as well as the day-to-day management of a drug unit or task force. Practical scenarios will be used to help aid the learning process. This course will provide an update on all recent counter-narcotics related U.S. Supreme Court decisions and other pertinent decisions handed down by U.S. Circuit Courts.
• Management of a drug unit
• Drug recognition
• Current local and national drug trends
• The role of transnational criminal organizations (TCO) in the domestic drug trade
• Critical tasks for drug unit supervisors
• Development of agency standard operating procedures (SOP)
• Drug unit field operations • Violence and risk management in undercover (UC) operations
• Buy Money management
• Memorandum of Understanding creation
• Documentation of unit progress and setbacks
• Leadership skills development
• Legal aspects of conducting drug investigations
Course Length Drug Unit Supervisor is a 5 day (40 hour) course.
Prerequisites There are no prerequisites to attend this course
****NO LODGING OR PER DIEM****