MCTC Undercover Techniques and Survival for Narcotic Officers
Time & Location
There is no cost to attend this training.
Course Description Undercover Techniques and Survival for Narcotics Officers is designed for law enforcement officers who are beginning to work undercover in narcotics operations or have worked undercover for some time. The basic portion of the course will be essential for newer undercover officers and definitely provide veterans with a solid reminder of important principles of working undercover. The course will move into advanced undercover techniques and audio/video surveillance techniques which are rapidly changing with the introduction of new technology. The "survival" portion of the classroom instruction will definitely impact all undercover officers and assist them in keeping themselves safe while working in undercover operations.
Officers who participate in covert operations are not born with the talents needed to perform effectively and safely in undercover situations. These talents are developed from experience, hard work and training. This program will provide officers with the techniques and survival tactics necessary to develop or compliment their present undercover experience. Many times this can make the difference between success or failure and safety or injury.
- Covert operations
- Preparation of the undercover officer
- Undercover background and role
- Approaches to the violator
- Undercover survival techniques
- Force on force techniques
- Audio/video electronic surveillance equipment and techniques
- Planning undercover operations
- Special undercover techniques
- Legal aspects and testifying in court
- Post incident procedures
- Psychological effects of undercover operations
Course Length Undercover Techniques and Survival for Narcotic Officers is a 5 day (40 hour)