Narcotics and Street Crimes in the New Era
Time & Location
The Narcotics and Street Crimes in a New Era course teaches officers how to turn the tables on criminals. It will educate those who attend to use mobile applications in conjunction with law enforcement tools, to build strong, effective cases from a patrol level through major investigations. This course provides live update investigative examples. Class material and has been reviewed and approved with prosecution prior to being presented to class.
· Effectively navigate major social media and peer-to-peer payment applications such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Venmo, PayPal among many others.
· Set-up/manage undercover accounts to be used in conjunction with law enforcement tools to develop case leads.
· Rapidly identify suspects or expand leads into larger investigations by combining open source data and law enforcement tools, including but not limited to, record databases, GPS trackers, controlled buys, surveillance, phone downloads.
· Organize case files resulting in effective prosecution.
· Review report writing and subpoena verbiage along with current case law.