NCTC Mexican Drug Cartels
Time & Location
Mexican Drug Trafficking Organizations are impacting communities in nearly every city in the United States. This problem can no longer be viewed as a “Border Issue.” The majority of the drugs distributed and consumed in the U.S. originate in Mexico. The cartel leaders have strategically formed relationships with American Street gangs to flood the streets with illicit drugs.
In an effort to aggressively target drug trafficking organizations, local law enforcement officers need to gain a better understanding of the true structure and operational components of the Cartels and how the Mexican drug war impacts local cities in the U.S. on a daily basis. This training course will teach local law enforcement officers how to identify, target, infiltrate, and prosecute Mexican drug trafficking organizations operating in their cities. All police officers, regardless of assignment, will benefit from this training. Gaining a true understanding of the “Drug Trafficking Pyramid” will lead to more arrests as well as larger seizures of drugs, currency, and assets.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
1. Identify the 7 Mexican Drug Cartels
2. Understand the structure of the cartels
3. Identify which cartels have formed alliances with American street gangs
4. Identify local smuggling routes utilized by Mexican drug cartels
5. Understand the drug trafficking pyramid and how it impacts their investigations daily
6. Conduct a financial investigation
7. Understand “high-level” informants
8. Learn techniques and methods to manage and control informants
9. Infiltrate Mexican drug cartels through various techniques
10. Understand the benefits of wiretap investigation